Luxfer Magtech’s Flameless Ration Heater (FRH) is a water-activated and environmentally friendly heater to heat an MRE or food ration without the need for flame or power.
We originally designed the product back in the early 1990’s with the US military. The heater allows the soldier to heat their ration quickly and efficiently; and, since their introduction to the Meal, Ready-to-Eat (MRE) operational ration program, we have produced over 2.5 billion FRH units.
How long do Flameless Ration Heaters last?
In temperature controlled and secure storage conditions our FRH will last for up to 5 years.
- Must be stored inside shipping carton
- Temperature and humidity controlled conditions
- Dry conditions
- Out of direct sunlight
- The outer bags cannot be torn or the seals damaged
Are Flameless Ration Heaters safe?
Our heaters will become very hot and will produce hot water and steam once activated so we would advise to avoid touching the heat pad directly. All FRHs emit a very small amount of hydrogen, so do not activate in a confined space or near an open flame.
How do I use a Flameless Ration Heater safely?
- Avoid open flame around the FRH
- Don’t use the FRH in confined spaces
- Use on a heat-safe surface
- Hot water and hot steam in small quantifies will be produced so try and avoid any leakages by keeping the heater stationary during the heating process. Take care when removing the food item.
- After heating the meal the heater pad will remain very hot, so allow to cool before disposal
- Do not drink or ingest any part of the Flameless Ration Heater
How to I dispose of a Flameless Ration Heater
Once activated and cooled then the FRH can be disposed of via ordinary household waste.