Please note this product is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The M18A3 Chemical Agent Detector Kit is designed primarily for detecting dangerous concentrations of vapors, aerosols, and liquid droplets of the chemical agents listed below.
The M18A3 is considered a point-detector kit. The user can point a detector tube, or detector ticket, in the direction of a suspected chemical agent and sample the vapors, aerosols or liquid droplets in that area.
If a chemical agent is suspected but cannot be detected with the kit, vapor samples can be collected in sampling tubes for transportation to a laboratory for identification.
In 2012, the State of California’s FIRESCOPE Standardized Equipment List , listed the M18A3 as a required item for emergency and Hazmat first responders.
The M18A3 can be used for the following:
- • For reconnaissance in areas suspected of chemical agent contamination.
- • For finding the boundaries of contaminated areas.
- • For determining the absence of a chemical agent so that unmasking following a chemical agent attack can be initiated.
- • For testing for the presence of a chemical agent after decontamination.
- • For collecting samples of suspected but unidentified chemical agents.
- • Cyanogen Chloride (CK)
- • Mustards [(H), (HD), (HN), and (HT)]
- • Phosgene Oxime (CX)
- • Hydrocyanic Acid (AC)
- • Phosgene (CG)
- • Lewisite (L)
- • Ethyl Dichloroarsine (ED)
- • Methyl Dichloroarsine (MD)
- • Nerve Agents (V- and G-agents)
M18A3 can be purchased as a single kit, or by the case. There are 24 kits in each case:
- Single Kit (36101): $1,288.00
- Case, 24 Kits (36100): $17,760.00
This product is considered toxic and must be shipped via freight carrier with HAZMAT restrictions in place.